© Bakhtiar Zein | Dreamstime.com - Human rights freedom illustration hands under wire crime against humanity activism symbol handcuff
The candle burns not for us, but for all those whom we failed to rescue from prison, who were shot on the way to prison, who were tortured, who were kidnapped, who 'disappeared'. That's what the candle is for.
~Peter Benenson, founder of Amnesty International
If someone needs to express their gender in a way that is different, that is okay. They don’t deserve to be victims of violence. If you are uncomfortable with it, then you need to look at yourself.
~Laverne Cox, American actress
Peace can only last where human rights are respected, where the people are fed, and where individuals and nations are free.
~14th Dalai Lama
You cannot kill the truth. You cannot kill justice. You cannot kill what we are fighting for.
~Jean Dominique, Haitian democracy activist
There can be no peace without justice and respect for human rights.
~Irene Khan, Bangladeshi lawyer and former Secretary General of Amnesty International
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
~Martin Luther King, African-American civil rights activist
- Alabama Prison Arts + Education Project (Auburn, AL, USA)
- All Beings Everywhere (New York, NY, USA)
- AmericaWillBe.US (Los Angeles, CA, USA)
- Awakening Joy for Kids (Gibsons, BC, Canada)
- Aware and Share (Haarlem, Netherlands)
- Corrections Radio Drama (Birmingham, AL, USA)
- Global Transition (Maidstone, United Kingdom)
- Hebron Hill (Schuyler, VA, USA)
- H.O.P.E. (Helping Organizations and People Everywhere) Inc. (Atlanta, GA, USA)
- IESB Foundation for Justice (San Bernardino, CA, USA)
- JLS Vision Services, LLC (Atlanta, GA, USA)
- Mil-Tree Veteran Project (Joshua Tree, CA, USA)
- Ministry of Elders, Empowerment, Youth, Women and Children in Zanzibar (Zanzibar, Tanzania, Africa)
- Music in Common (Sheffield, MA, USA)
- One Day Without Us (London, United Kingdom)
- Pals Socks / Hooray Hoopla (Brooklyn, NY, USA)
- Social Action Council of the First Unitarian Church of Dallas (Dallas, TX, USA)
- Stand Above Violent Extremism
- Street Factory Community Interest Company (Plymouth, DEV, United Kingdom)
- The Community of St. Luke Presbyterian Church (Auckland, New Zealand)
- Tbe Good Men Project (Pasadena, CA, USA)
- The Great Compassion March (N. Tustin, CA, USA)
- Unleashed NY (New York, NY, USA)
- Visitation Marianist State Community (Arlington, VA, USA)
- Wild Swan Resources (Sacramento, CA, USA)
- YOMAD (Young, Ordinary, and Making A Difference) (London, KEN, United Kingdom)
- Youth in Saranda (Sarande, SR, Albania)