Needs and Access
United Nations Sustainability Goals: “The World We Want 2015” Priorities:
United Nations Sustainability Goals:
“The World We Want 2015” Priorities:
- What are the options for child care in our
community? What are the costs?
- Is there a need in our community for more options—especially more affordable options?
- Do places of employment offer child care?
- Are extended family members who take care of children supported by the community?
- What is our community’s vision of child care?
- What are the policies (national, state, local) regarding child care?
- Are child care workers trained in the practice of compassion and in how to teach/model compassion for children?
- Are facilities/child care workers licensed to provide child care? Are they periodically evaluated?
- Are the child care workers qualified? What certification processes, if any, must they go through?
- Is quality child care available for low-income families including single parent families?
- Are peer-to-peer exchanges or time bank programs available?
- Are there protections in place to monitor workers and care?